Are you ready to transition?
The new IATF 16949:2016 standard was released October 1, and the new Rules will be out November 1. We are pleased to offer hard copies of the new standards at a 50% discount off the $150 retail price. Contact email@example.com or call 740-305-0868 ext. 204.
E-copies are not available from simpleQuE and must be purchased at full price from AIAG.org.
There is a very short timeline to implement the new standard. The advice and transition strategy from the IAOB states that audits after October 1, 2017 must be to the new IATF 16949 standard. However, some certification bodies are accelerating that timeline and are requiring audits to be done sooner. Communicate with your Certification Body on your business’s specific timing.
SimpleQuE’s Internal Auditor Training and IATF 16949 Requirements/Implementation training has been in development pending the release of the final standard, which have had some significant changes from the draft we received in April. Here are dates for our upcoming training (we also offer customized onsite sessions). More classes will get added based on interest, so watch our website for more dates.
- November 17, 2016 Cincinnati, OH
- January 19, 2017 Dayton, OH
- January 25-27, 2017 Dayton, OH
Michelle Maxwell of the IAOB presented the following transition strategy, which along with other IAOB presented materials, are available below:
- Buy both IATF 16949 and ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Perform a gap to IATF 16949 and ISO 9001:2015 and try to complete this before year-end. SimpleQuE is developing a gap checklist for IATF 16949 and already has one for ISO 9001:2015. ISO 9001:2015 Gap Checklist
- Develop an action plan based on the gap results.
- Understand IATF’s Transition Strategy.
- Conduct a full internal audit to IATF 16949 and ISO 9001:2015, and Management Review prior to transition.
- Transition or Upgrade audits to start a new 3 year cycle for the IATF certificate cycle and audit cycle (surveillances and recertifications).
- The certification body’s process will require info prior to transition audit.
- Communicate with your Certification Body on plans for upgrade dates and lock it in to ensure resources internally and with the certification body are working toward the plan.