Instructor: RABQSA Certified Lead Auditor with TS (IATF) and Registrar Experience
Please fill out the form to the right, or call 740-392-9127 for pricing.
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis Course Overview:
FMEA is a systematic approach that identifies potential failure mode and effects analysis in a system, product, or manufacturing/assembly operation caused by either the design or manufacturing/assembly process.
This course introduces the AIAG 4th edition FMEA, its format and the requirements for completing a process FMEA and design FMEA. Hands-on creation of a FMEA helps drive a better understanding of the ranking system and needed actions for those high risks.
Participants are encouraged to bring a current example of their company’s FMEA’s for comparison and critique.
- The purpose and value of a FMEA
- The differences of a Design FMEA and a Process FMEA
- The AIAG format for FMEA’sDiscuss each column requirements
- Rankings for Severity, Occurrence, Detection, and the Risk Priority Number (RPN)
- Responses to high RPN’s or risks
- Workshop for hands-on creation of a FMEA
- Critique of an existing company FMEA
- Effective PFMEA and DFMEA development and upkeep
- Understanding the purpose and value of FMEA’s
- Hands-on, practical exercises
- Critique and feedback of FMEA examples
- Understanding relevant sources of data for inputs to create an effective FMEA
- Improve competency and skills of FMEA team members
- Improve knowledge and ability of auditors (internal and certification body) to evaluate ineffective FMEA’s
- Meet aerospace/automotive, ISO/TS 16949:2009 and Customer Specific Requirements for FMEA’s
View our other Trainings