Incorporating AS13100 into your Quality Management System
AS13100 is intended to simplify supplier quality requirements by harmonizing about 60% of these four-engine manufacturer’s supplier requirements. There is an industry desire to have the first-tier suppliers in compliance by the end of 2022, and all of the aero engine makers have communicated the requirements and timeline to their suppliers.
Note: AS13100 is not a certification! It’s a compliance requirement with evidence through an annual self-assessment. Certification bodies will not provide a quote for AS13100 certification.
Let Us Perform Your Internal Audit
SimpleQuE’s aerospace quality experts are here to help and have already helped some engine parts suppliers to:
- Conduct gap assessments to AS13100 and AS9145 to determine what needs to change from existing systems, processes and documentation,
- Complete the annual self-assessment using the RM13009 checklist,
- Implement APQP and PPAP,
- Train and facilitate proper and effective implementation of Process Flow Diagrams, Design FMEAs (DFMEA), Process FMEAs (PFMEA), Control Plans, Gauge R&R’s (variable and attribute), MSA plans, SPC, etc.
- Conduct enhanced internal audit requirements for QMS audits, production process audits, product audits, and special process audits, including customer requirements and regulatory requirements included as appropriate
- Implement enhanced risk management processes with risk registers
- Meet the supply chain risk management processes.
Contact us if you’re in the aerospace engine supply chain, and find out how we can help you be most effective in implementing and utilizing these tools.
“The help and assistance provided by simpleQuE was instrumental in making our surveillance and transition audit to AS9100:2016 happen. The support we received during the Gap Analysis and our internal audit prior to the registrar audit positioned us to be successful.” – Keith J., Quality Engineer, ArgonST (Boeing)
The simpleQuE Advantage
Whether you have a management system in place or are just developing one, understanding the requirements and having an experienced consultant or auditor by your side is key. Our team members have third-party auditing experience, industry-related work experience, and firsthand knowledge of what is required to pass a certification assessment and maintain certification.
The experts at simpleQuE can keep you on track with their simple, customized approach – “Quality Excellence Made Simple”.