With over 25 years of experience in quality, manufacturing and certification, Barb has an extensive management and quality background. She worked fifteen years for Smithers Quality Assessments as a Marketing Development Specialist, Operations Specialist, ISO Technical Specialist, and Lead Auditor for ISO 9001. Previously she has worked and audited in the metals, plastics, chemical and service industries.
ISO/Quality Management Systems
As the ISO Technical Specialist her responsibilities included:
- All activities concerned with the Technical Sector of Smithers Quality Assessments, focusing on development, application, and maintenance of quality standards and accreditation requirements.
- The oversight, promotion and performance of activities associated with the Management System and Accreditation Requirements for the Technical Sector:
o Internal Witness Audits
o Internal Audits
o Corrective/Preventive actions
o Customer Satisfaction
o Continual Improvement
o Scrap Monitoring
- Support internal/external customer, stakeholders and accreditation body audits (office and witness).
- Develop training modules and provide training for the Technical Sector to include staff, auditors and clients.
- Manage the scheduling of auditors and supervise auditors.
- Lead Auditor for third-party audits to ISO 9001.
As Inside Sales/Quality Coordinator at Ohio Cast Products (a Tier 1 supplier to Ford, GM and DaimlerChrysler), Barb was responsible for PPAP activity, contract review, quoting and coordination of job start-ups. Her ISO and quality system experience was also developed during her time at Baerlocher USA and Dover Chemical Corporation.
Certificates and Training
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certified Lead Auditor
- ISO 9001:2015 Training
- ISO 19011:2018 Training