Director of Operations
Barbara Dodson joined simpleQuE in 2016 as Operations Manager and as the company expanded, her role evolved into the Director of Operations. Barb is responsible for managing the operations of inside sales, consulting, training and auditing projects. She is also a lead auditor for ISO 9001.
With over 25 years of experience in quality, manufacturing and certification, Barb has an extensive management and quality background. She worked fifteen years for Smithers Quality Assessments as a Marketing Development Specialist, Operations Specialist, ISO Technical Specialist, and Lead Auditor for ISO 9001. Previously she has worked and audited in the metals, plastics, chemical and service industries.
ISO/Quality Management Systems
As the ISO Technical Specialist her responsibilities included:
- All activities concerned with the Technical Sector of Smithers Quality Assessments, focusing on development, application, and maintenance of quality standards and accreditation requirements.
- The oversight, promotion and performance of activities associated with the Management System and Accreditation Requirements for the Technical Sector:
o Internal Witness Audits
o Internal Audits
o Corrective/Preventive actions
o Customer Satisfaction
o Continual Improvement
o Scrap Monitoring
- Support internal/external customer, stakeholders and accreditation body audits (office and witness).
- Develop training modules and provide training for the Technical Sector to include staff, auditors and clients.
- Manage the scheduling of auditors and supervise auditors.
- Lead Auditor for third-party audits to ISO 9001.
As Inside Sales/Quality Coordinator at Ohio Cast Products (a Tier 1 supplier to Ford, GM and DaimlerChrysler), Barb was responsible for PPAP activity, contract review, quoting and coordination of job start-ups. Her ISO and quality system experience was also developed during her time at Baerlocher USA and Dover Chemical Corporation.
Certificates and Training
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certified Lead Auditor
- ISO 9001:2015 Training
- ISO 19011:2018 Training