Consultant, Auditor and Trainer
Mike Rallis is a leading global expert in Environmental, Safety, and Quality Management Systems with almost 30 years’ experience. He also performs third party certification and surveillance audits for compliance to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 standards.
Mike’s experience as a certification body Lead Auditor includes: planning and conducting audits; managing audit team, documentation review, recording and reporting audit results, review of customer resolution of nonconformance(s). He also performs client management responsibilities for corporate accounts. His responsibilities also include training, qualification and ongoing evaluation of auditors.
Environmental Health and Safety
As Corporate Environmental Health & Safety Manager at Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Mike was responsible for the programs and systems at the corporate headquarters and its six manufacturing and service centers associated with the manufacture of gas turbine engines. He led the development and implementation of the environmental, health and safety management system in accordance with ISO-14001 and achieved third party certification. His responsibilities included:
- Implementation and execution of EHS programs at the operations level with focus on regulatory compliance, risk reduction, process improvement and pollution prevention;
- Provide technical and regulatory support to facilities and operations personnel;
- Managed preventive and corrective action initiatives to reduce regulatory and risk exposure;
- Provide sites with regulatory audits including federal, state and local regulatory agencies through RCRA, Air Emissions, SWPPP, SPCC, EPCRA and OSHA compliance.
Quality Management Systems
At Mitsubushi, Mike had co-responsibility for corporate document control library and record retention for ISO9001 and ISO14001; including quality system policy and procedures and work instructions to the 2015 revision. He provided oversight of the internal audits, corrective action and management review. Mike possesses an expert knowledge, understanding and technicality of a management system. He teaches his clients that a management system is the way in which an organization manages the inter-related parts of its business in order to achieve its objectives. He stresses that these objectives can relate to a number of different topics, including product or service quality, operational efficiency, environmental performance, health and safety in the workplace.
Certificates and Training
- ISO 14001 Certified Lead Auditor
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Certification
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety
- 40 Hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operation and Emergency Response
- 30 Hour OSHA General Industry Certified