The new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook has hit the streets!
The new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook has hit the streets! So what should automotive suppliers do now that the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook is available?
- Review the new Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) Handbook.
- Begin to identify the gaps in your current FMEA development process to determine how to meet the new requirements. (Note that existing FMEAs won’t have to be “reworked”.)
The transition will take several months for OEM, supplier and auditor training.
- Then OEMs will update CSR’s to incorporate the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook, beginning with the acceptance of new methods, rating tables, and form sheets on supplier FMEA’s.
- The next phase will be a requirement for selected new products and processes.
- A standard requirement for all new FMEAs will be the final phase.
IATF auditors will begin auditing for compliance and utilization once the IATF ADP is updated and they pass the updated FMEA test.
SimpleQuE will keep you up-to-speed on the timing for adoption and deployment. To be sure that your team is appropriately trained, we will be offering FMEA training that is customized for your company and processes. Contact us for more information.
Learn More About The simpleQuE Advantage