Qualities of an Internal Auditor
To conduct an effective audit, an internal auditor should have these essential qualities and follow some basic auditing principals.
- Ethical conduct
- Fair presentation
- Due professional care
- Process approach
Qualities of an internal auditor:
- Ethical – fairness, sincerity, and honesty
- Open-minded – willing to consider alternative ideas
- Observant – actively observing surroundings
- Versatile – able to adopt to different situations
- Detail oriented – persistent and focused on objectives
- Decisiveness – able to reach timely conclusion based on analysis
- Self-reliance – able to act independently while working with others
- Cultural awareness – understand business culture and respect others
- Collaboration – effectively interact with team members
- Communication – able to easily express opinions and give concise reports
A well-planned, conducted, and reported internal audit would allow the QMS (Quality Management System) to continually improve and provide evidence of compliance to the ISO requirements, as well as provide verification of the effectiveness of a company’s processes and practices.
A good resource for ISO internal auditors is the ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines to Auditing Management Systems. SimpleQuE also provides helpful auditing tools, checklists, templates and free resources.
Develop these skills and learn best practices for becoming a more effective internal auditor through simpleQuE’s onsite Internal Auditor Training.
Knowledge. Expertise. Experience.
Outsource Your Internal Audits
Learn More About The simpleQuE Advantage