This Root Cause Analysis – Problem Solving course is based on the Eight Disciplines (8D) approach to structured problem solving. Having a disciplined methodology creates a foundation for learning, measuring problem solving progress, and helping to manage expectations during crisis situations, small or large. The class will spend time on root cause analysis using some common quality tools and techniques.
Using learning lectures, hands-on activities and typical problem case studies students will learn a start-to-finish problem solving method that yields results in a predictable and fast timeframe. Emphasis is placed on systemic root cause analysis versus symptoms, and the tools, techniques and exercises focus on the systemic approach to fix problems permanently.
- What is root cause? What is root cause analysis?
- The importance and benefits of effective root cause analysis and disciplined problem solving
- When should this disciplined methodology be used
- Root cause analysis and problem solving tools and techniques
- The 8 steps to effective problem solving, root cause, and corrective action
- ANAB and IATF (accreditation body) and Registrar emphasis on proper root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Hands-on exercises of typical manufacturing problems
- Understand the importance of performing root cause analysis
- Identify the root cause of a problem using the problem solving process
- Understand the application of basic quality tools in the problem solving process
- Compare results from a structured problem solving approach versus past practice
- Help streamline your problem solving process while improving relationships with your internal and external customers
- A standardized approach that you can apply across an entire organization for fixing problems permanently