At simpleQuE it’s not just our name that represents quality excellence, it’s our unique combination of consultants, knowledge and expertise. We believe in serving our clients before, during and after the certification process. This value added service consists of an ongoing education process on the quality standards through our website, newsletters social media, and blog. Each month, we provide updates on the latest news from the ISO, AIAG, ASA, IAOB and IATF standards community, and what we’re is seeing in the industry.
In a year that will be filled with companies scrambling to upgrade their certifications, we feel it’s even more important to stay informed. That is why we encourage anyone who is currently not receiving our monthly newsletter to sign up today. And if you’re still on the fence, here are our top five reasons:
- Obtain the latest quality standard news and updates from simpleQuE.
- Learn useful tips, tools and best practices for transitioning and maintaining an effective quality management system.
- Preview the latest simpleQuE blogs and infographics.
- Receive data and reports from industry leaders and registrars on current certification standards and how they will impact you.
- Check out the latest companies who have earned their QMS and EMS certifications as we proudly recognize our clients’ success!
Ready to get started? Just sign up for our newsletter below.
Aviation Suppliers Association (ASA) promotes safety, regulatory compliance and ethical business practices among aviation parts suppliers throughout the aviation community. Jim Lee is a presenter and attending the ASA Annual Conference and shares news about important changes to the standard.
The ASA-100 standard is going through a revision that will require all accredited companies to add to their quality manuals. The standard and checklist will be released October 1, 2017 and all audits afterJanuary 1, 2018 must be completed to the new 4.1 version.
- One of the changes requires that quality manuals or specific procedures contain requirements for drop shipments direct from a supplier to a customer, bypassing the distributor who sold the part.
- Another change follows ISO and requires that suspect and non-conforming material be addressed in a procedure. Material is to be segregated. If non-conforming material is shipped, the customer must be notified timely.
- All changes to the quality manual must be submitted to ASA by 1/1/2018.
Over 300 companies have received accreditation to the ASA-100 Quality System Standard and FAA Advisory Circular 00-56 since 1996.
Aviation Suppliers Association (ASA) is a not-for-profit association that represents over 600 worldwide member companies that lead critical logistics programs, purchasing efforts, and distribution of aircraft parts globally.
The 2017 ASA Annual Conference takes place July 9-11 in Reston, VA; and is one of the largest for the aviation distributor industry. The event draws aviation professionals worldwide with a range of business development and management, quality assurance, legal/regulatory and general industry topics. The itinerary includes general sessions, workshops, exhibitors, and networking events. SimpleQuE founder Jim Lee presented at the conference on Monday, July 10 about risk management requirements for distributors that are ISO and/or AS certified.
“This is our second year to present on 3 different topics.” said Lee. “We appreciate this opportunity to network with our clients and aircraft parts distributors. Last year we had three simpleQuE attendees at the conference, and this year two. By attending these conferences, we get a lot of information and value that we share with our consulting clients and other staff members.”
Aviation Suppliers Association promotes safety, regulatory compliance and ethical business practices among aviation parts suppliers throughout the aviation community. Over 300 companies have received accreditation to the ASA-100 Quality System Standard and FAA Advisory Circular 00-56 since 1996. ASA Certification Body also certifies companies to ISO 9001, AS9120, AS9100, and AS9110.