Top 10 IATF 16949® Major Nonconformances
Top 10 IATF 16949® Major Audit Findings
This simpleQuE infographic shows the top 10 IATF 16949® major nonconformances as reported by all IATF® Certification Bodies from January – October 2020.
|10.2.1||Nonconformity and corrective action (ISO)||1221|
|126.96.36.199||Manufacturing process design output||471|
|8.5.1||Control of production and service provision (ISO)||444|
|188.8.131.52||Monitoring and measurement of processes||365|
|184.108.40.206||Total productive maintenance||317|
|220.127.116.11.1||Measurement systems analysis||289|
What Is A Major Nonconformity?
A major nonconformity occurs when there is a failure to meet a requirement as indicated by one or more of the following:
- A significant nonconformity against the requirements of the ISO 9001 and/or IATF 16949® standard
- A failure of a complete system
- A significant quantity of minor nonconformities
- The lack of existence of a standard or contract requirement
- The absence or total breakdown of a system to meet a management system requirement
- Any nonconformity that can result in the probable shipment of nonconforming products
- A non-compliance that is likely to result in the failure of the QMS or to materially reduce its ability to ensure controlled processes and products
At the top of the Major Nonconformances chart are Corrective Action and Problem Solving which are foundational elements of any quality management system (QMS). This indicates organizations still struggle to maintain a disciplined corrective action and problem-solving process.
To address the top issues that trouble automotive suppliers, read our blog Top IATF 16949® Audit Findings and How to Address Them in the QMS. SimpleQuE also offers support during and/or after the Certification Audit to provide the most effective and efficient method of establishing corrective actions for findings identified during the audit. We work with your team to assure root cause analysis and corrective action implementation to successfully close findings to obtain certification. Contact our IATF® consultants today for information about our services and on-site customized training classes for Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving, Process Ownership, Core Tools and more.
SimpleQuE is not associated with the IATF®, IAOB, ANAB®, IAQG®, and is not a certification body. SimpleQuE is an independent consulting, training, and second-party auditing service provider that assists a company on a path for the company to obtain and maintain certification through accredited certification bodies.
Learn More About The simpleQuE Advantage