AS9120:2016 Internal Auditor Training With the Process Audit Approach
This course is designed to meet the specific needs of your company in fulfilling the AS9120:2016 and aerospace distributor specific requirements for competent, knowledgeable and effective internal auditors. It includes hands-on development of key processes, audit planning, and auditing exercises. The course was developed by a former president of a registrar, former owner of an accreditation body, and certified aerospace auditors.
The course is applicable for both new auditors as well as auditors with past experience who just want to improve their skills. Based on the ISO 19011 Guidance for Quality and Environmental Auditing and AS9101, this course describes auditor skill requirements as well as all the steps of an audit, from audit planning through closing meetings and follow-ups on corrective actions. Significant attention is given to developing and using a “Process Approach” as required by the standard, including AS9101 Process Effectiveness Assessment Reports (PEARS).
Each course is customized using real company processes and examples. The course includes hands-on learning exercises and actual audits of key areas of your company. These partial audit reports can be used as part of the fulfillment of your company’s requirements for an annual internal audit.
- Introduction and background to AS9120:2016
- Process auditing theory and skills development based on AS9101
- Identification of processes
- Process auditing tools – process flows, process matrix, turtle diagrams, PEARS
- Best practices
- AS9120:2016 requirements and interpretations
- Hands-on process auditing exercises, including practice auditing
- Improve auditor skills for AS9120:2016 requirements, including risk based thinking and requirements related to the scope of audit
- Gain an introduction to and understanding of process auditing concepts per AS9101
- Utilize personal skills and build new tools, including example process audit checklists, to perform process audits
- Learn audit planning, scheduling, conducting and reporting
- Use hands-on learning to become an effective AS9120 internal auditor