AS9145 Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Training
AS9145 is APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) for aerospace. Following the automotive AIAG Core Tools, APQP training includes Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Control Plans, Process Flows, Measurement System Analysis (MSA or Gauge R&R), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and Statistical Process Control (SPC). Core Tools are also an important, integral, and dynamic planning tool for the aerospace industry.
AS9145 is used as a guideline, and is not an AS standard for certification. It establishes requirements for performing and documenting APQP and integrates with the 9100, 9102, and 9103 standards.
This onsite workshop is an easy-to-understand, hands-on training that incorporates the why’s of doing the Core Tools with the how’s of doing it. Attendees learn to make control plans, design FMEAs, MSA (i.e. Gauge R&R studies), process FMEAs, Gauge R&R studies, and best practices for PPAP packages. The workshop is offered as a 1 day overview or 2 day comprehensive session.
Attendees are encouraged to bring an example of a current company control plan for review and critique.
- The purpose and value of Advanced Product Quality Planning utilizing the AIAG Core Tools
- AS9145 and AIAG format and content
- Review and critique of attendees’ Core Tool examples
- Share Core Tool examples and best practices and assist with development in the time available
- APQP maturity level analysis
- Learn effective APQP development and upkeep
- Understand the purpose and value of the Core Tools
- Understand the linkage to other Core Tools
- Learn hands-on, practical exercises for improved learning using real examples
- Receive critique and feedback on Core Tool examples
- Improve competency and skills
- Improve knowledge of the Core Tools
- Meet aerospace AS9145 standard and customer-specific requirements for APQP