ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training With the Process Audit Approach
This course is designed to meet the specific needs of your company in fulfilling the requirements for competent, knowledgeable, and effective internal auditors. It includes hands-on development of key processes, audit planning, and auditing exercises. The course was developed by a former president of a registrar, former owner of an accreditation body and certified auditors. Portions of this training have been used by multiple registrars for training their auditors on the process approach.
The course is applicable for both new internal auditors as well as internal auditors with past experience who just want to improve their skills. Based on the ISO 9001:2015 standard and ISO 19011 Guidance for Quality and Environmental Auditing, this course describes internal auditor skill requirements as well as all the steps of an internal audit, from audit planning through closing meetings and follow-ups on corrective actions. Significant attention is given to developing and using a “Process Approach” as required by the standard, including practice auditing.
Each course is customized using your company’s processes and examples. The course includes hands-on learning exercises and actual audits of key areas of your company. These partial audit reports can be used as part of the fulfillment of your company’s requirements for an annual internal audit.
- Introduction and Background to ISO 9001:2015
- Process Auditing Theory and Skills Development
- Identifying processes
- Process auditing tools – process flows, process matrix, turtle diagram
- Best practices for becoming a more effective ISO 9001 internal auditor
- ISO 9001:2015 Requirements, Documented Information and Interpretations
- Hands-on Process Auditing Exercises, including practice auditing
- Improve internal auditor skills for ISO 9001 requirements, including risk based thinking and requirements related to the scope of audit
- Gain an introduction to and understanding of Process Auditing Concept
- Utilize personal skills and build new tools, including example process audit checklists, to perform audits of your unique processes
- Learn internal audit planning, scheduling, conducting, and reporting
- Use hands-on learning to become an effective ISO 9001 internal auditor