ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor Training
This course is designed to meet the specific needs of your company in fulfilling the EMS 14001:2015 environmental-specific requirements for competent, knowledgeable, and effective internal auditors. It includes hands-on development of environmental processes, audit planning, and auditing exercises. The course was developed by a former president of a registrar, former owner of an accreditation body and certified auditors, and portions of this training have been used by multiple registrars for training their auditors to the process approach.
The course is applicable for both new auditors as well as auditors with past experience who just want to improve their skills. Based on the ISO 19011 Guidance for Quality and Environmental Auditing this course describes auditor skill requirements as well as all the steps of an audit, from audit planning through closing meetings and follow-ups on corrective actions. Significant attention is given to developing and using a “Process Approach” as required by the standard.
Each course is customized using real company processes and examples. The course includes hands-on learning exercises and actual audits of key areas of your company. These partial audit reports can be used as part of the fulfillment of your company’s requirements for an annual internal audit.
- Introduction and background to EMS 14001:2015
- Process auditing theory and skills development
- Identifying environmental processes
- Process auditing tools – process flows, process matrix, turtle diagrams
- Best practices for becoming a more effective EMS 14001 internal auditor
- EMS 14001:2015 requirements, documented information and interpretations
- Hands-on process auditing exercises including practice auditing
- Improve auditor skills for EMS 14001:2015 requirements, including risk based thinking and requirements related to the scope of audit
- Gain an introduction to and understanding of environmental process auditing concepts
- Utilize personal skills and build new tools, including example process audit checklists, to perform audits of your unique processes
- Learn audit planning, scheduling, conducting, and reporting
- Use hands-on learning to become an effective ISO 14001 internal auditor